Take time out to experiment with different mark making techniques:
- Bring your own oils. (although I have a few spare, might not be ideal colours)
- Try cold wax (Zest or equivalent) and oil.
- Embed layers within the wax, newspaper or coloured paper.
- Try crackle paste which makes a contemporary finish.
- If you wish to develop a predetermined idea (landscape, life model image).
- Then consider bringing a prepared cradle panel primed with coloured gesso.
- Bring your own pre primed cradle panels (I use Jacksonsart own brand).
- Provided will be some small panels to get started on.
- refine palette knife marks, edges and glides.
- study examples of colour mixing and limited palettes.